Work Diary #1 - Individual Student Learning Center Agendas

 Work Glut #1

After watching New EdTech Classroom's video series about what's wrong with education, and what we can do about it, I was reminded of the value of Universal Design for Learning. It was the perfect timing for this message because I had just attended #EduProtocols World Wide #3 a few weeks ago. 

Back in the day, I joked about loving drinking from the firehouse. I even created a long-defunct podcast where I shared my passion in a whispered nugget of teeny tiny ed-tech. www.tinyurl.com/oojot. The danger, I've learned, about drinking from the firehouse is that I forget as much as I learn. So, in an effort to help me remember what I've learned, and to help me deal with my habit of re-inventing the wheel, I've decided to record my work gluts. 

Once I dive into the glut I can tend to start chasing rabbits. So, I'm hoping to create this little blog series, I'll be able to keep some focus.


8:15a.m - Learning Centers Choice Board

Uodate @ 8:25
OMG! So, I'm making a choice board, and I thought I would do a Canva design. I was thinking of something like a mat with moveable icons that represent the different tasks that students could choose from. THEN, I remembered that the legend herself, SlidesMania, already made choice boards.

If you haven't used www.SlidesMania.com, I can not say enough about the quality of the work, and the quality of the human who does the work. Highest of quality on BOTH accounts. She creates templates that you can EASILY use, and she makes them for free FREE FREE!!! (I love you, Paula! <3)

Going back in at 8:35 am, I'm focusing on editing the master of the file cabinet template to give students an organized place to make choices during learning centers. I want to move away from traditional rotations and do more of a student-selected agenda.

8:54AM

I completely forgot how TEDIOUS editing a master can be -- so I went back to my original idea of creating choice boards.

8:57am  Diving back in!

Ok, I totally gave up on editing each slide in theme builder, so I went back to old school choice board. LOL! 

10:06 I am done with the choice board.  The boxes are color-coded and relatively shaped so students can literally build a unique and individual agenda.


Yellow Boxes = MUST DO 
White Boxes = MAY DO
Green Boxes = YOU PICK


PREVIEW    --- MAKE A COPY




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun, Effortless Phonics Reinforcement Flex Games

Fun and Active Phonics Games - Integrated and Standards-Based

Art, PE, Multi-Modality Phonics, Oh, my!